We’re a very active and friendly society and anyone with an interest in Elizabeth Gaskell is very welcome to join us.
Every year, we send our members a copy of The Gaskell Journal (a peer-reviewed publication), which contains new essays, research and studies relating to the writings of Elizabeth Gaskell. The Journal also features book reviews and society updates. Members also receive our Newsletter (published twice a year), which contains articles relating to Elizabeth Gaskell and information about the Society’s programme, including regional branch meetings in Manchester, Knutsford, London and the South West, as well as a wide range of events through the year.
If you’d like to join us, for for more information about subscription rates etc, download our membership form.
For a modest annual subscription, your membership includes:
• The Gaskell Journal
• The Gaskell Society Newsletter
• Information about – and a warm invitation to – our year-round calendar of member events
• An invitation to the Gaskell Society Conference in Britain (held every 2 years)
• Visits to places associated with Mrs Gaskell in Britain and Europe
• Annual General Meeting in Manchester in March/April, with a lecture, lunch and afternoon talk
• Autumn Meeting in Knutsford in September
• Programmes of lectures, study sessions and tours/visits by our various branches
• Specialist books available to buy at major meetings.
If you have any queries, contact Jackie Tucker, our Membership Secretary.