We’re a very active and friendly society and anyone with an interest in Elizabeth Gaskell is very welcome to join us.
Every year, we send our members a copy of The Gaskell Journal . This peer-reviewed publication features new essays, research and studies relating to the writings of Elizabeth Gaskell, as well as book reviews and society updates. Members also receive our Newsletter (published twice a year), which contains articles relating to Elizabeth Gaskell and information about the Society’s programme, including regional branch meetings in Manchester, Knutsford, London and the South West, along with a wide range of events through the year.
If you’d like to join us, for more information about subscription rates etc, download our UK membership form.
For a modest annual subscription, your membership includes:
• The Gaskell Journal
• The Gaskell Society Newsletter
• Information about – and a warm invitation to – our year-round calendar of member events
• An invitation to the Gaskell Society Conference in Britain (held every 2 years)
• Visits to places associated with Mrs Gaskell in Britain and Europe
• Annual General Meeting in Manchester in March/April, with a lecture, lunch and afternoon talk
• Autumn Meeting in Knutsford in September
• Programmes of lectures, study sessions and tours/visits by our various branches
• Specialist books available to buy at major meetings.
If you have any queries, contact Jackie Tucker, our Membership Secretary.